Scott Jones honed his retirement planning skills for over 9 years with Ameriprise Financial as a Financial Advisor and Advisor Coach prior to founding Jones & Associates Wealth Management in 2011. Jones & Associates rebranded to Genesis Wealth Advisor Group, LLC in 2016 to align the firm name with our specialty of helping families, business owners and hard working professionals create the origin of multi-generational family wealth through financial planning and estate planning.
When not at the office, Scott enjoys spending time with his wife, JoAnne, who is a special education teacher and his son, Jackson. He enjoys golf, saltwater fishing, reading, playing guitar, and attending concerts & local sporting events.
Scott gives back to the local community by previously volunteering with several local charities such as the American Diabetes Association, Cancer Research Institute of New Jersey, and has served on the committee for Grapes & Grains for the Delaware Valley Chapter of Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Scott is also a founding member of Kiwanis Club of Greater Mount Laurel.
Scott is active in supporting the South Jersey business community through various organizations such as:
- South Jersey Business Alliance-Founder
- Business Networking International-Past President & Vice President
- National Association of Women Business Owners NAWBO South Jersey-Marketing Director 2011-2012
Some of the highlights of Scott's career include:
- Obtained the Chartered Retirement Planning Designations from the College for Financial Planning in 2008.
- Obtained the Registered Financial Consultant Designation from the International Association of Registered Financial Consultants in 2012.
- Named in The Philadelphia Business Journal as a NABCAP Premier Advisor in 2010. Criteria for this award.
- Maintains Series 7, Series 66, Life/Health licenses.